Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Eat Up Your Mercy

I am not afraid to eat what is in the cupboard when I know I there is money in the bank to buy groceries.

"For I will look on you favorably and make you fruitful, multiply you and confirm My covenant with you. You shall eat the old harvest, and clear out the old because of the new. I will set My tabernacle among you, and My soul shall not abhor you. I will walk among you and be your God, and you shall be My people. I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that you should not be their slaves; I have broken the bands of your yoke and made you walk upright." Lev 26:9-13 NKJV

It is good to use mercy because there is much more of it to come. There is new mercy for this coming year... day by day it is renewed every morning. I can 'eat up' all the old mercy. We don't have to save up favors with God.

We have a great need to obtain mercy from God every day of our lives. Maybe we think that because of a cycle of sin we will need mercy later and we will need to store it up somehow. The paradox is that if I pre-plan to use it early, because every man and woman needs it, I won't need it later to cover transgressions because they won't happen.

Cycles of sin can be broken by receiving mercy because once it is received there is a satisfying communion and fellowship... there is spiritual momentum and transformation... the yoke is easy and the burden is light... I sought Him and found Him early and the day was spent with Him leaving no time for anything else.

I have eaten up 2012's mercy. I want to have a healthy diet of mercy in 2013. Eat up my friends... there is much more where that came from!

No comments:

Post a Comment