Thursday, January 17, 2013

Jesus Is My Heaven

"O my Lord Jesus Christ, if I could be in heaven without Thee, it would be hell; and if I could be in hell, and have Thee still, it would be heaven to me, for Thou are all the heaven I want." -Samuel Rutherford

Once it was the blessing,
Now it is the Lord,.
Once it was the feeling,
Now it is the Word;
Once it was the gift I wanted,
Now the Giver own;
Once I sought for healing,
Now Himself alone.
-A.B. Simpson

To move from a circumstantial acquaintance to a pure intimate relationship is what love stories are made of. Grace says, 'No matter what the circumstance, or what you do or don't do in them, I will stick by you and be on your side. Even when you are not sure what side you are on I will remain loyal.' It says:

"I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee" Heb 13:5b

The moment Adam saw Eve he loved her. The 'moment' God saw us He fell in love with us. When we were born from above we sprang from Christ's side made complete in a moment like Eve was.

This kind of love pushes circumstances into the background.

It changes us even as we observe it and realize we are the objects of it.

It is new wine that must go into a new wine skin or else it will break the vessel. The fallen man's love stories always end in tragedy. The new man's stories will always result in victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment