Sunday, January 27, 2013

I Need Specifics

"I will worship toward Your holy temple, And praise Your name For Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word above all Your name." Ps 138:2 NKJV

'It is finished' is better than 'God is good'. One is specific understanding about what God has done in His love and the other is general understanding about who God is and what He is like.

Some other translations use 'exalted' instead of 'magnified' the Hebrew word is Gadal (H1431) with means to promote or grow. Like when one sibling grows much taller than the others brothers and sisters or if one of the laborers on a job site is promoted and made the foreman.

"In the day when I cried out, You answered me, And made me bold with strength in my soul. All the kings of the earth shall praise You, O LORD, When they hear the words of Your mouth." Ps 138:3-4 NKJV

God promotes His written Word (Imrah H565) and the writer praises God for the instruction (Emeth H571) he has received by it and through it because of the strength it gave to the structure of His soul. Those with responsibility, power and influence will praise God when they hear the specifics of truth because it gives practical definition that is needed for what they must do.

The Spirit of God will make the written Word alive and give us Rhema (G4487)

"But Mary kept all these things (RHEHMA), and pondered them in her heart." Luke 2:19

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words (RHEHMA) that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." John 6:63

"Go , stand and speak in the temple to the people all the words (RHEHMA) of this life." Acts 5:20

That is why God can take a mouse and turn him into a real man. The book reveals royalty and depravity. It spans the length of wisdom to foolishness; from the beginning of all thing to the end of time itself. There are specifics waiting in that book today... mercy lives there... a call takes shape on it's pages... a life outside the box. Even if we memorize it all we don't know it like we should or could.... or will. God will unfold it's mysteries over the length of a live lived by faith.

'Think of it carefully; study it prayerfully; deep in thy heart let its oracles dwell. Ponder its mystery; slight not its history; none can e'er love it too fondly or well. (atributed to Dr. Franklin Logsdon)

God holds the Bible up and so will I. I'll hold it up even if my arm grows tired and the muscles in it burn. I'll hold up the arms of others that do also. Men's lives hang in the balance. Let it be exalted over my character... may it grow bigger than my ego until it overshadows me entirely.

No comments:

Post a Comment