Thursday, January 10, 2013

It Is Already Waiting There

"I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven. And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter." 2 Cor 12:2-4

We surmise that this man who died was Paul Himself when He was stoned at Lystra in Acts 14. We don't know what was heard or seen there. With all that he writes about grace seems to be a more important topic to Paul than even this. But, In light of all the things he said and suffered passages like this intrigue me.

"Finally, there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give to me on that Day, and not to me only but also to all who have loved His appearing." 2 Tim 4:8 NKJV

The crown is already waiting there on the shelf. Paul's crown... but not just his. Is there a wall with shining crowns made of precious metals stored by the hundreds on velvet pillows in Heaven? Rows and rows of them waiting as far as the eye can see in the place where no dust has ever or will ever collect? Or is it something else? Time will tell.

The sight is one we can only imagine now but the statement, 'There is laid up for me...' remains clear in our minds. We can say it also. Because of Christ there is 'place card' at a table in Heaven with our name on it that is already written.

Now as we walk the Earth there are many rooms we walk into where there is no real place made for us. Rooms where no one knows our name or cares. Heaven isn't like that. If you are in Heaven then you belong and are known.

We haven't even scratched the surface of what God wants to give us.



No comments:

Post a Comment