Tuesday, January 15, 2013

There Is a Vacancy

"And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?' Then I said, 'Here I am! Send me.' " Isaiah 6:8

I love the way this is phrased. It smacks of pure opportunity... an adventure is going to happen that will be backed by God's authority. It is like an advertisement in the classified section or on Craig's list.

It dares us to throw ourselves into something. The task is not so specific that we would discount ourselves as disqualified nor is it so general that we don't know how to respond to it.

God isn't even addressing us as an individual... yet. He is just saying, 'I am looking for someone available.' He is announcing a vacancy that could be filled by someone... anyone who hears can respond.

One thing about Jesus is that we see is His availability. He was ready to go to the woman at the well or to eat at a tax collector's house. He had His suit case packed and sitting at the foot of His bed so that He could do the next thing at the drop of a hat.

I want to have that quality. No matter how I feel or how much money I have in the bank I never want it to dampen my availability to God.






No comments:

Post a Comment