Saturday, January 12, 2013

Who Needs a Savior?

I was thinking today about the term 'Savior'... what it means to need one and what it means to have one.

"And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior." Luke 1:47

"Him God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins." Acts 5:31

"From this man's seed, according to the promise, God raised up for Israel a Savior - Jesus" Acts 13:23

Once we come to terms with the fact that there are messes we can't get out of ourselves we have hit a real turning point.

Then when we realize that we have someone who is there to overrule what we have done or gotten ourselves into that is yet another step.

Lastly, We see that that person will always be there and that our lives are eventually 'put right' no matter what we do. There may be consequences to endure but we are ultimately safe. Then we can enter into a rest that is indescribable to someone who doesn't have that level of security.

"Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him" Heb 7:25a

From the gutter most to the uttermost.

If I have room to fail then I also have room to succeed.

Chances may go by that we miss but they are not the 'end of us.' Because there is no 'end to us.' The person saving us isn't going to throw those things in our faces forever either. Every good decision is remembered and every bad one is ultimately forgotten. Amazing!

No matter how this life goes at the end of it as believers we know that angels will lift us up out our bodies before the pain of death hits and up we go into the great beyond.

It makes me happy to know I have a Savior. It makes me brave and grateful. It makes me want to give more and dare greater endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment