Wednesday, July 26, 2017

The Oasis Of Grace

This is a core truth. This truth is an oasis for the self-image...

"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace toward me was not in vain..." - 1 Corinthians 15:10a ESV

Whatever you 'are' since the moment you first believed can only be understood in God's grace. Every other lens is deceitful.

I have met some awesome people. I'm thinking of a few of them this morning. These people are radically different from one another in so many ways. They look different. They have different personalities and tendencies. Some are so talented and creative. It shocks me. Some are steadfast and patient. Others are quiet and I feel I barely know them because who they truly are is only partially on display while other wear their hearts right out there where everyone can see.

I sit here comfortable in my own skin because I am what I am by grace and I know that is true for each person I love and admire.

I often have wished I had other talents and abilities. I have wanted to be something or someone else. But God's grace is an oasis from all of that. In that place called grace, YOU are loved and grace given is never in vain.

We can seek to understand, praise and affirm people and that is needed but giving and explaining grace by living in it has no substitute.

I pray for the ones in my circle that are so different from me and each other. I pray that God would make me a minister of reconciliation. A priest. A friend. A fellow traveler. A broken man made whole on display.

"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. So do not be attracted by strange, new ideas. Your strength comes from God's grace..." - Hebrews 13:8-9a NLT

Yes. Yes, It does.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment