Thursday, July 6, 2017

Reading Passages That Involve Sleep

This morning I am reading scriptures about sleep and it is very interesting.

The Bible uses the concept of sleep in interesting ways.

"And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose," - Matthew 27:52 KJV

"And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he found them sleeping for sorrow," - Luke 22:45 KJV

"Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light." - Ephesians 5:14 KJV

Sometimes it speaks of 'checking out' and being absent but one of the Hebrew words (yashen - Strong's H3462) means to 'store up' or 'remain a long time'.

I try to start and end my day with God. That has been my custom for a long time. I am not always successful in that. There are times when I have wonderful thoughts just before I fall asleep and I wonder, 'Will I remember this later?' I don't think I do remember it all. That state is a different state. In a way, it is like a sunset. Sometimes day seems to just turn into night but on other days there are colors and memorable patterns.

I know many of you out there have problems with sleep. It is elusive for one reason or another. It could be pain or thinking that just never allows rest. It could be other things also.

I am centering my prayers on that today.

If you are having sleep issues I urge you to read all the Bible passages you can about sleep and rest. Then ask God to 'give' those passages to you in understanding and in application.

We have rest in Jesus and that is an amazing gift. Oh God, Please bless those who need a little more physical rest. We pray that you would give them a breakthrough in this area. Thank You God.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment