Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Identity And Provision

Do you ever just not feel like doing something? Then you start rehearsing excuses in your mind.

I'll just say, 'I'm sorry I didn't have time to do that.'

We have all had the urge. Of course, we have. What stops you and gets you going again? What snaps you out of it?

When I became a believer that dynamic changed for me. It was consequences and obligation. Now, It is about identity and provision.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." - 2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJV

"I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:12-13 ESV

Now, When that urge to be lazy comes I can say, 'No, I am not a lazy person. I have liberty in what I do or don't do but I am not lazy.'

Temptation can't stick to that in the way it does to other things.

We are not what we feel. We are not even what we do. We are who God says we are.

Good. Huh.

Those confessions interrupt the sin and shame cycle. Excuses are not needed. We have liberty and we choose to live in a royal identity. There is quickening in an identity like that because it is in agreement with God's mind.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment