Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Brush Those Teeth

There are many things I could write about this morning but the theme that keeps coming to me is this one...

'Keep brushing your teeth.'

No matter what happens... solar eclipses... political upheaval... trouble or prosperity... keep sowing, watering and reaping and taking care of the long term things.

People get very excited or very scared by what they see and they let go of the rope. Later they regret that they did.

It doesn't take long... once in the morning... another time in the evening... brush those teeth... Make the call to the loved one... put a few dollars away... read your Bible... skip a meal and pray instead for what is happening now and the next season of life.

"And he told them a parable: 'Look at the fig tree, and all the trees. As soon as they come out in leaf, you see for yourselves and know that the summer is already near. So also, when you see these things taking place, you know that the kingdom of God is near. Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all has taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. But watch yourselves lest your hearts be weighed down with dissipation and drunkenness and cares of this life, and that day come upon you suddenly like a trap.' " - Luke 21:29-34 ESV

No matter what is happening 'being in God's word' is a good investment... I want to have my teeth for as long as I need them and I want to be ready to say something whenever that is needed also.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment