Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Restoration When He Appears

This is what happens when God visits you...

"Hear this, you elders; give ear, all inhabitants of the land! Has such a thing happened in your days, or in the days of your fathers? Tell your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children to another generation. What the cutting locust left, the swarming locust has eaten. What the swarming locust left, the hopping locust has eaten, and what the hopping locust left, the destroying locust has eaten." - Joel 1:2-4 ESV

""Be glad, O children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God, for he has given the early rain for your vindication; he has poured down for you abundant rain, the early and the latter rain, as before. "The threshing floors shall be full of grain; the vats shall overflow with wine and oil. I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, the hopper, the destroyer, and the cutter, my great army, which I sent among you. "You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, who has dealt wondrously with you. And my people shall never again be put to shame. You shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God and there is none else. And my people shall never again be put to shame.  "And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions. Even on the male and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit." - Joel 2:23-29 ESV

Jesus will return as a king coming for His bride and He will bring personal restoration with Him. It could be this year.

"And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. "From the fig tree learn its lesson: as soon as its branch becomes tender and puts out its leaves, you know that summer is near. So also, when you see all these things, you know that he is near, at the very gates. Truly, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away. "But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only. For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man." - Matthew 24:31-37 ESV

Yes. He Is going to return but He visits us in this age. He makes His presence known in gatherings...

"For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them."" - Matthew 18:20 ESV

He also comes in the scriptures...

"Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me," - Psalm 40:7 KJV

When He comes He restores something. His full arrival will bring great restoration but His 'visitations' also have a restorative quality. He meets us in our spirit that has been made alive and our sanity is restored. Our emotions get renewed. Our thinking and perspective get aligned.

I want to be where God is visiting. I open my Bible or a booklet that was transcribed from an anointed message and God visits me. Scripture correlates with scripture and a piece of my time is restored. The space where I am sitting becomes holy and reclaimed for those moments. When God gives me an appointment with a person that is divinely scheduled and I have my 'feet shod with the preparation of the Gospel of peace' that time is a time of restoration.

You and I may have experienced great loss in our lives but God can restore in ways beyond our imagining. His arrival mystically does that.

The Apostle Paul said this:

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, will award to me on that Day, and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing." - 2 Timothy 4:7-8 ESV

Yes. A crown just for those who want God to visit. It becomes their lifestyle. They invite Him. Amazing.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment