Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Bandages In The Cupboard

I keep band-aids in my cabinet because I know I'm going to need them someday. I hope that I don't use them and that they get so old that I have to throw them out and get new ones.

I'm not planning to cut myself. As a matter of fact I'm planning to be careful not to cut myself. But I'm not structuring my whole life that way.

"Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then has the health of the daughter of my people not been restored?" - Jeremiah 8:22 ESV

God gave us plants and substances that have restorative properties because at times we need restoration.

Things break. Mistakes happen. Just like we plan not to injure ourselves if we are wise we also plan to have what we need just in case we do.

God has spiritual band-aids in his cupboard. Life gets rough at times.

"And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you." - 1 Peter 5:10 ESV

"Looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God." - Hebrews 12:2 ESV

Jesus took the deepest cut. Our mistakes cost Him everything. But He was confident that His Father had band-aids in His cupboard.

I am so grateful that God is more diligent than I am. He has had a plan to help me waiting all along. He knew I would need healing so He stocked the cupboard with just what was needed.

Thank you God. There is an overflow of mercy. More than enough for us and the whole world. I feel privileged to know it. I want the world to know that the cure for what ails them is waiting in Your Son. Help me get the word out. Thank You for your great care.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment