Tuesday, April 14, 2015

He Came To Save

"And Moses said, "I will turn aside to see this great sight, why the bush is not burned."

When the LORD saw that he turned aside to see, God called to him out of the bush, "Moses, Moses!"

And he said, "Here I am."

Then he said, "Do not come near; take your sandals off your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground." And he said, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob."

And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God.

Then the LORD said, "I have surely seen the affliction of my people who are in Egypt and have heard their cry because of their taskmasters. I know their sufferings, and I have come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land to a good and broad land, a land flowing with milk and honey, to the place of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Amorites, the Perizzites, the Hivites, and the Jebusites. And now, behold, the cry of the people of Israel has come to me, and I have also seen the oppression with which the Egyptians oppress them." - Exodus 3:3-9 ESV

Moses was afraid but God clearly said that He only came to save people.

That struck me this morning. It the midst of our sometimes bad emotions God comes to save. God shows up in my world to save. To save me. To save people crying out to Him. His very presence is a saving one.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the LORD, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the LORD, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile." - Jeremiah 29:11-14 ESV

Moses was sent into exile by his own bad emotional decisions but God came in due season to save him.

Jesus is a Savior. He is the Savior. He comes to save.

If we believe if Him we are saved. That salvation is lasting because He Is a lasting Savior.

But today's situations need a Savior. He Is that Saviour.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment