Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Single Eye

Doubt is a crazy thing. Grace is insulation against doubt. When we are established in grace it begins to manage our expectations and when our expectations are right the lines of communication can remain open.

"If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. For that person must not suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways." - James 1:5-8 ESV

There is a confidence that can develop from consistent nonjudgmental communication. When someone knows you but the don't know you after your faults.

"Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." - 1 Peter 5:6-8 ESV

Our single mindedness can be eaten up when the lines of communication get dried up.

"But what does it say? 'The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart' (that is, the word of faith that we proclaim); because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved." - Romans 10:8-10 ESV

There are times when I just put everything on the shelf and just start confessing truth to God. I tell Him what He already knows. I describe Him and praise Him for the description. I relinquish control. I pour out my concerns. My vision is narrowed and the blinders go on. He is my only concern. He is the only thing I care about. He is the only person in the room.

If I try to do that but can't I realize that my attachments to people, relationships or things have gotten unhealthy. Addiction has set in or I am on the path to it.

Correct order is that nothing comes before God... not even the preservation of my own life.

When grace comes into sharp focus doubt dissolves like a shadow. The God of grace can do anything. He Is free to function any way that falls within the boundaries of His character and God is good in every way.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment