Monday, April 13, 2015

Ripened To Perfection

Gracious eyes see us. That is amazing to think about.

"O LORD, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O LORD, you know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it." - Psalm 139:1b-6 ESV

That thought is like warm sunshine on my face. I bask in the light of it with my eyes closed.

"A Song of Ascents. Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD! O Lord, hear my voice! Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my pleas for mercy! If you, O LORD, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared. I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I hope; my soul waits for the Lord more than watchmen for the morning, more than watchmen for the morning. O Israel, hope in the LORD! For with the LORD there is steadfast love, and with him is plentiful redemption. And he will redeem Israel from all his iniquities." - Psalm 130:1-8 ESV

This idea is a great place to start. When I have nothing to give I can return here and start a dialog with God.

Worship can begin to flow out when this truth dawns on us.

Moses met God at a burning bush. Jacob slept on a rock and saw a ladder with angel going up and down to Heaven. The disciple met Jesus as they were going about their lives. They became awere of God's eyes on them. They onserved God observing them. God wasn't judging them even though all of them were living in a kind of self judgement. God saw them but did not judge them.

We can get busy without this truth but I don't want to. I am very familiar with where I go and what I do also. What I do and where I go isn't enough. I need God to hem me in and direct my path. Awareness of grace gives me an unusal path to walk on. It is a highway of holiness. There is worship there. Nothing is mundane there. God's light brightens that path.

"Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf unstopped; then shall the lame man leap like a deer, and the tongue of the mute sing for joy. For waters break forth in the wilderness, and streams in the desert; the burning sand shall become a pool, and the thirsty ground springs of water; in the haunt of jackals, where they lie down, the grass shall become reeds and rushes. And a highway shall be there, and it shall be called the Way of Holiness; the unclean shall not pass over it. It shall belong to those who walk on the way; even if they are fools, they shall not go astray. No lion shall be there, nor shall any ravenous beast come up on it; they shall not be found there, but the redeemed shall walk there. And the ransomed of the LORD shall return and come to Zion with singing; everlasting joy shall be upon their heads; they shall obtain gladness and joy, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away." - Isaiah 35:5-10 ESV

We don't have to be anybody or do anything. We can just bask in His love and awareness. His light will do His work. His light will ripen us to perfection.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment