Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Away in Arabia And Back Where Two Or More Are Gathered

We must be alone with God yet at the same time if we spend too much time like that we can become subjective and theoretical. Christianity has grand principles but at it's heart it is about relationships.

" 'Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.' Then Peter came up and said to him, 'Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?' Jesus said to him, 'I do not say to you seven times, but seventy-seven times.' " - Matthew 18:19-22 ESV

God is going to manifest His presence in a special way in the 'two or more' dynamic.

"Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working." - James 5:16 ESV

"Was pleased to reveal his Son to me, in order that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately consult with anyone; nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me, but I went away into Arabia, and returned again to Damascus. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to visit Cephas and remained with him fifteen days." - Galatians 1:16-18 ESV

The prayer of one person closeted away touches God's throne and the place we really get our doctrine straight is alone with God. We need to hear the preacher and participate in a vision that has fellowship and we also need that time alone to sort it all out.

Peter was a fisherman. He was used to spending hours out on the water with just a few other people. When Jesus said that He was going to be with them when they gathered Peter's first question was, 'How many times do I have to forgive people?'

That is the other side of fellowship... forgiveness.

Paul didn't have to do much forgiving went he went off to Arabia but God brought him back for the fellowship of the other Apostles as a soundly doctrinal person.

It is good and important to study under people and it is my conviction that I never outgrow them or that dynamic. Christianity is a chain that stretches back and forward in time and our personal rewards are intertwined with that chain.

It is good to have a solid personal walk. We can't ride on other peoples faith forever. There are personal battles to be fought that alone time in Arabia will give us the resources to sit and stand in those trials.

If we are away and have been away a long time... Come back. God wants to meet us in a special way where two or more are gathered.

If you are knit in then go to Arabia in that prayer closet of yours. Close the door. open the Book of Books and ask God some hard questions. You will be surprised at how He answers.

Our whole lives can be lived in one week. Those seven days can have elements of everything. I want both of these things to happen every week.

I thank God for the 'two or more' God has given me. Each individual one has meant so much. We have forever friendships because God was right there in the middle of us.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment