Monday, March 2, 2015

Tyndale, Coverdale and Rogers

"I will worship toward thy holy temple, and praise thy name for thy lovingkindness and for thy truth: for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." - Psalm 138:2 KJV

I have been reading this morning about men who suffered and died to translate the Bible and make sure that it was available to people... not just rich, powerful and privileged people but to common people... all people.

Great men and great women... William Tyndale, Miles Coverdale and John Rogers...

"Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves." - Matthew 10:16 KJV

I got so caught up looking for information about John Rogers that it left me little time to write my blog this morning.

I find it exhilarating to dwell of the lives people who would pay such a high price to live magnifying Gods word. These people died almost cheerfully... clearly God had His hand on them and His power shielded them, and countless others, in supernatural ways.

While I cherish the generality of the statement, 'God loves me.' I also cherish the specifics that can only be found in God's word.

---

No comments:

Post a Comment