Friday, March 27, 2015

Like He Has Loved Us

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another." - John 13:34 ESV

Grace is God loving us His way. Giving grace is us loving each other the same way that God has loved us.

Isn't that something? I marvel at it. It breaks me. As I ponder it it brings tears of joy to my eyes

It is love that has freedom. It is love that gives space but sticks close at the same time. It is warm and new without being sentimental. It is jealous in that it won't let a person go but respects a person's right to choose.

This love has changed me forever.

How can I love the way a perfect person has loved me? How can I love like a man who went to the cross in my place? He is the master. I am the student. In my own feeble fashion I dip my brush in paint as I look to His masterpiece and let the inspiration given but what I am beholding flow through me.

The Apostle Peter loved people the same way he was loved... so did John and the other disciples... each had a different flavor of it but their work resembled their master.

God let all that we do resemble what you have done. Not by effort but by inspiration given through the life of Your Son.

---

No comments:

Post a Comment