Monday, December 17, 2012

The Unsolvable Problems

There are things is our lives that seem to hinder us. Situations that seem unsolvable. God may do miracles all around us in different areas but these areas seem to remain untouched. It could be a house that won't sell, a sickness or a person close to us that just won't change. These things bother us... maybe hurt us and cause us distress. They seem to hinder our call. In time they can even test our faith. We ask questions like, "Is God punishing me?" or "Doesn't God care about me?"

We all have them and sometimes we have more than one of these things happening at once. It is good to understand that this is normal. We can become isolated in our mind if we think this is a condition that only we suffer from and no else.

I would dare to say that everyone who has ever walked by faith has suffered this way. It is not a result of personal sin. The situation may seem to be at times a consequence of sin... ours or someone else's... but the lack of resolution of it is not. I have come to believe that God uses things like this as a catalyst for our faith. Here is a good simple definition of a catalyst:

Catalyst - A substance that causes or accelerates a chemical reaction without itself being affected.

In chemistry this catalyst is needed for the chemical reaction to occur but it remains untouched or changed by the reaction. No catalyst. No reaction.

I'm not saying that we make assumption that everything in life that is difficult falls into this category. Here is what the Apostle Paul did.

"For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 2 Cor 12:8-9

God does remove somethings when we pray. Many things are dealt with just that way.

"Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour" 1 Pet 5:6-8

Some things will only be removed by 'prayer and fasting' but others are going to be fixtures for a season.

Be encouraged. You are not alone. God hasn't forgotten. These things we want dealt with may be the very thing needed for our faith to be functioning just like it needs to. It may that what is happening will be the catalyst for some one else's faith. Either way God will work it all together for good.

I don't want to become distracted from God's goodness or from walking by faith because of something that just isn't changing. I'm going to keep my eyes on the prize and let the dynamic of faith take its course as I rest in what Jesus has done and go forward with Him.





No comments:

Post a Comment