Friday, December 21, 2012

Among Friends

A true friend is a friend for life. Some of the people who are now my friends I didn't like at first but then something happened and a bond was created that will last for the rest of our lives. We may not see all of our friends all of the time but they are still our friends.

If we are God's friend then it is for the rest of His life and the issues of any man or woman's life or death are in His hands. These are some of David's last words:

"Yet He has made with me an everlasting covenant, Ordered in all things and secure." 2 Sam 23:5b NKJV

I may not know the details of what lies ahead of me but I know that my friendship with God is ordered, secure and everlasting because He is all of those things.

God says, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." (see Heb 13:5b) and I believe that to be true. It is part of the order to our friendship. If He is for me who can really be against me?

Fear goes out the window.

There can be a spring in our steps, a lightness and freedom in our thinking and humor when we are among friends.






No comments:

Post a Comment