Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The Christmas Lights

We are blinded by our own humanity.

" 'And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye'; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye." Matt 7:3-5 NKJV

It is the wooden nature of our soul that gets in the way. Even our desire to help our fellow man is called hypocrisy by Christ when we are blinded. When the elements of the soul are all we have then we can not even begin to help others. Our mind, will, emotions, consciousness of self and conscience just get in the way. What we think and feel; who we think we are and the decisions we make; our code of conduct... these are all we have if we do not have God. No wonder God seems invisible to a world that is blinded by it's own humanity.

Man wants to help his fellow man but only makes things worse left to himself. The blind leading the blind all fall into the very next ditch.

Maybe I say this because Christmas is over and many will pack Jesus up and put Him away with the rest of the Christmas decorations. Without Him all we are left with is ourselves.

"But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord." 2 Cor 3:18 NKJV

I wants the Christmas lights to reflect in my eyes all year long. He is my identity now. When who He is and what He has done is my frame of reference I am not blind. The Spirit who brings this to me also reveals it in me and through me. This love has no hypocrisy and is not self oriented at all.

People all over the world have things in their eyes that the can't get out. It blurs their vision and causes them pain... we want to help. That dirt must be washed away by living water. Christ has that water.

Freedom from self is what we all need. It is what Christ has done for us and what we can live in today. Let everything else fade from view. I want to see Jesus today and have a willingness to shrug off any distraction from His glorious nature and work. I am no service to anyone blinded by self.

No comments:

Post a Comment