Monday, December 24, 2012

A Delicate Process

"My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you" Gal 4:19

My mind this morning is on the fragile nature of God's anointing... so delicate and yet so powerful. Kind of like a baby being formed in the womb. Complex and important and yet in many ways so straightforward and simple.

Some parents tick each week away very mindful of each milestone with careful attention and others seem to just go about life as usual making a few adjustments but working right up until the mother goes into labor as if little has changed.

There are women who want to be mothers and have not yet conceived or at had the privilege to hold their child in their arms and I travail in my mind for them.

I want to be mindful of what God is doing in me and around me. I want to be full of care for what God would do in others and around them. Perhaps in the way Joseph must have been mindful of what was happening with Mary. Watching her, helping her where he could and not interfering with the process.

I don't want to offend the Spirit of God... to quench Him or grieve Him. He doesn't need my help in what He is doing. I don't want to get in the way by trying to help in areas that He doesn't need it. I want to eat right by having a steady diet of truth bathed in Grace and Love. I want to make sure I get rest and that I am washed in pure water.

We can spent the time to make sure that our words are nourishing for the "Holy Thing" that is being formed in other people. Assisting with care in what we can assist in and stepping out of the way when that is appropriate. But, hoping and praying always.

No comments:

Post a Comment