Wednesday, November 21, 2018

White Fields?

Yesterday two of my posts got swallowed whole by the internet. Should I take it as a sign and stop posting? No.

"If I say, 'I will not mention him, or speak any more in his name,' there is in my heart as it were a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I am weary with holding it in, and I cannot." - Jeremiah 20:9 ESV

"Do you see a man who is wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him. The sluggard says, 'There is a lion in the road! There is a lion in the streets!' As a door turns on its hinges, so does a sluggard on his bed." - Proverbs 26:12-14 ESV

If you or I continually do something and there is little or no response should we consider changed tactics or locations? Maybe.

"Do you not say, 'There are yet four months, then comes the harvest'? Look, I tell you, lift up your eyes, and see that the fields are white for harvest.' " - John 4:35 ESV

"And he said to them, 'The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into his harvest.' " - Luke 10:2 ESV

Yes. There is a harvest out there. Some movement may be necessary and that is good. I see this time as a harvest time. In the ancient times, those were hectic days. Once the crop turned 'white' it needed to be brought in or it might rot out there in the field. If one place 'gave up its yield' the next field needed to be done.

When readership numbers are down and stay that way I start to think about this. Should I move on? Is there a white field nearby that only has a few workers? Am I being stubborn? Perhaps I don't like the sound of some loud fellows voice over in that next field so I don't go there but in this narrow window of time can I afford to be 'picky' in that way?

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad." - 2 Corinthians 5:10 KJV

Useful or useless... Prayer is vital.

Here is another good one.

" 'All things are lawful for me,' but not all things are helpful. 'All things are lawful for me,' but I will not be dominated by anything." - 1 Corinthians 6:12 ESV

Prayer. We need prayer and eyes that are looking for something in particular to discern the will of God.

"Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom his master has set over his household, to give them their food at the proper time? Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes. Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions. But if that wicked servant says to himself, 'My master is delayed,' and begins to beat his fellow servants and eats and drinks with drunkards, the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know and will cut him in pieces and put him with the hypocrites. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth." - Matthew 24:45-51 ESV

We are not servants only. We are sons and daughters who serve. We will never be cast out but our works might go up in flames in the light of day if they are of the flammable kind. Still. This is a good principle.

"And He said to them, 'Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father's business?' " - Luke 2:49 NKJV

Yes. This is the mind of Christ. We are about our Father's business.

Pray with me if you would. I'm not writing just to hear my own voice. Perhaps this is a time to shift gears. If so, I want to be available to do that.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment