Tuesday, January 3, 2017

You Are Clean By His Word

"Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing." - John 15:3-5 ESV

"If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us." - 1 John 1:8-10 ESV

If you are clean it is because of the word He has spoken. His word becomes a habitation.

If we say, 'You are not qualified to tell me anything.' or 'I don't need you.' then we have nowhere to live with God and God has nowhere to live in us.

Simple.

My history was not been clean but my present is and my future is. His word comes in and overrides the past. We are washed in places nothing else can reach. The depths of us become clean. God declares it to be so legally by decree.

God has a place for us where we are accepted, loved and appreciated. We can live there.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment