Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Live With The Loyal Friend

As I read this next passage this morning two concepts come to mind... friendship and loyalty...

"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love." - John 15:4-9 ESV

Our position and our experience can be so different, can't they? The passage above speaks to our experience. If we are cut off from nourishment we will wither like a branch on a tree but our mind can be nourished... our soul can be fed... our spirit can be renewed.

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." - Romans 12:2 ESV

God asks us to live with Him in our thinking. We are living in His thinking. He never forgets us.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you." - Deuteronomy 31:6 ESV

"The LORD our God be with us, as he was with our fathers. May he not leave us or forsake us," - 1 Kings 8:57 ESV

"Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' " - Hebrews 13:5 ESV

Accusations come but will they get us to give up our residence? No. God is loyal. Jesus was and Is a friend who loves until the end. He gave up His life in friendship and He hasn't changed.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment