Thursday, January 5, 2017

The Idea Of An Anchor

"We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain, where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek." - Hebrews 6:19-20 ESV

I'm just sitting here thinking about those big anchors they have on the big boats and then of the one man fishing boat and the anchor that one man may have.

What a great idea an anchor is. If I don't have one I will drift. I can safely take a nap if I have an anchor and not lose my position.

Those big anchors plunge into the depths of dark seas but we have an anchor to the eternal holy place. We are never lost because this anchor holds. We can rest without worrying that we will be swept out to sea.

The storms of life may move us but we won't go very far and we are never out of Heaven's reach.

Thank You God. I am little and often foolish but You have connected me to Heaven and I am thankful. I'm going fishing today and it won't be fish I am looking searching for. I will fish unafraid knowing that I won't be swept out to sea. Thank You God.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment