Thursday, January 12, 2017

Quickened To Be Involved

Knowing Him...

"Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith - that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own." - Philippians 3:8-12 ESV

God has given us eternal life. In one moment of faith the introduction is made and a relationship is solidified that can never be severed. But the 'power of his resurrection' can be experienced again and again in time.

I want to know Him. To know Him we must spend time together. I must hear what He is saying. There must be interaction.

Do I know God well enough to know what is important to Him? I want to. I want to know what He thinks. I want to be involved in what He Is doing. I want to know Him.

Simple.

I'm sitting here thinking of a number of people. I know them but I don't really know what is happening in their lives. I want to be involved.

"If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you." - Romans 8:11 ESV

God, please quicken us to be involved and proactive. We want to know you and we want to be involved with each other in a holy ongoing way. We need quickening to do that.

Thank You Lord.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment