Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Divine Reversals

There is a phrase I'm thinking of this morning as I read and pray for people.

'Divine Reversal' is the phrase. It is when God turns things around or perhaps I can say when God 'turns things'.

"And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." - Romans 8:28 ESV

Part of why I love the phrase is because it smashes the idea of 'fate'. God exerts force on situations to turn them for those who are called.

"But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust." - Matthew 5:44-45 ESV

In this verse we see that God has created a kind system but in the first verse we see extra power exerted for those functioning in love.

If we have lived long enough we see that all thing don't work out for good for everyone. That is the reality of living in fallen world. There are victims.

Grace creates no victims. Jesus saves.

I'm praying for people today. I'm praying that they won't be victims. I'm praying that they can see the victory of Jesus in their hearts and minds and I'm also praying that they see victory in their lives.

No matter who messed things up with God there is the possibility of turning. The name of Jesus is a name that brings hope to the hopeless.

Thank you God. We are asking you to exert force today. By your Spirit move in lives. Thank You God.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment