Thursday, July 2, 2015

Lost People

Who is lost?

"What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he has lost one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the open country, and go after the one that is lost, until he finds it? And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and his neighbors, saying to them, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.'... Or what woman, having ten silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp and sweep the house and seek diligently until she finds it? And when she has found it, she calls together her friends and neighbors, saying, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found the coin that I had lost.'... And he said to him, 'Son, you are always with me, and all that is mine is yours. It was fitting to celebrate and be glad, for this your brother was dead, and is alive; he was lost, and is found.' " - Luke 15:4-6, 8-9, 31-32 ESV

Maybe the sheep doesn't feel lost. The coin doesn't feel anything. Then there is the son... Does he know he is lost?

The man misses his sheep. The woman misses her coin. The father misses his son. God misses us when we are gone. He says we are lost. We may not say that but He does.

We might say 'I was blind but now I see.' but it is God who says, 'They were lost but now they are found.'

Parents write notes that have their home address and put them on their children that say this little one belongs to us. Maybe it is on their backpack or sewn into their clothing.

Do we see that note on people? Are we looking for a note like that? They may say, 'I'm not lost. Things will get better.'

Sure.

Salesmen create a need in a potential customer.

Soul winners reveal the desire in God's heart. God thinks people who don't visit Him (because they don't know Him) are lost. I want to spend my days respecting people but believing God. I want to live on Earth with God's mind and imparting His perspective with words and actions.

Help us Lord to not go by appearances. Open our eyes to see what you see. You have a great desire for people that goes far beyond ours. Help us God. We don't want to live in vanity. You own all the riches of the world and say that people are lost. We want to seek what you are seeking.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment