Monday, July 14, 2014

Well Known In Heaven

We have grace and peace on Earth because we are blessed in Heaven.

"Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To the saints who are in Ephesus, and are faithful in Christ Jesus: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places," - Ephesians 1:1-3 ESV

We are known there. We are blessed there.

God the Father asks about us. Jesus talks about us to His Father. The Spirit of God guides us and keys tabs on us. We are blessed in Heaven. We are known in Heaven.

This morning I imagine this conversation like it might happen with an Earthly parent...

"Good to see you Son of my right hand."
"Always good to see you Father."
"Say, How is that friend of yours. The one with the blond hair. I've been thinking about Him. You know the one. He asked to receive you in 1982 in the back of that little church in Alabama. You know who I mean..."
"Yes, I spoke to Him this morning. He has asked us for a few things."
"Oh, I like that boy. Let's make sure he gets what He needs."
"Sure thing Father. The Spirit is right on that and we will send angels to make that happen right now."
"Good. Good. What a great guy. Did he ever marry that nice brown haired girl..."
"No, They broke up in May of 1992"
"Oh, I like that girl... She received you in 1986 after the missionary came to her Church. Great girl."
"Yes, I haven't spoken to her lately."
"Please tell her I love her when you do speak to her. What a great young lady. Her parents are such a blessing to me."

We can imagine long conversations like that but between a Father and Son with infinite love and infinite knowledge of details. People here on Earth but being discussed in Heaven right now.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart." - Jeremiah 29:11-13 ESV

"Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows. And I tell you, everyone who acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man also will acknowledge before the angels of God, but the one who denies me before men will be denied before the angels of God." - Luke 12:7-9 ESV

"My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you." - Psalms 139:15-18 ESV

If we know the Son then the Father knows us and when the Father knows our name we have hope because who can resist the goodwill of the Father?

"For when God made a promise to Abraham, because He could swear by no one greater, He swore by Himself, saying, 'Surely blessing I will bless you, and multiplying I will multiply you.' " - Hebrews 6:13-14 NKJV

No one could prevent that blessing.

We imagine a present tense conversation but in truth it happens in eternity so it echos from the past and into the future all at once.

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved." - Ephesians 1:3-6 ESV

God spoke a blessing within the Trinitarian counsel of Father, Son and Spirit in Heaven before the world was made and though we are here on the Earth that blessing is made to reach us now.

Not everyone is known.

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'" - Matthew 7:21-23 ESV

We are blessed to know God by His grace and not our works. We are known and spoken about. We will be known and spoken about.

Isolation is a terrible thing... We are known! The moment we received Christ by faith we can have great assurance that we are known and will be known forever.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment