Saturday, July 19, 2014

Pray And Live In Dignity

"First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus," - 1 Timothy 2:1-5 ESV

We pray and then we can lead a dignified life. Otherwise the world with all it's politics, contradiction and heart aches would make us crazy and undignified in our thought life and communication.

I'm going to pray for leaders I do agree with and ones can't agree with. I will unburden myself and live in a dignity that can only come from God.

Pray and God hears and answers... not for justice's sake but because we know Him and pray to Him.

"And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart. He said, 'In a certain city there was a judge who neither feared God nor respected man. And there was a widow in that city who kept coming to him and saying, 'Give me justice against my adversary.' For a while he refused, but afterward he said to himself, 'Though I neither fear God nor respect man, yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will give her justice, so that she will not beat me down by her continual coming.'' And the Lord said, 'Hear what the unrighteous judge says. And will not God give justice to his elect, who cry to him day and night? Will he delay long over them? I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?' " - Luke 18:1-8 ESV

--

No comments:

Post a Comment