Friday, July 18, 2014

A Small Seed

I was thinking today about how we are given a little first and then later that small stewardship becomes greater later.

I few words given at the right time go from something interesting to something broad and vast. They start as a seed and then grow into a tree.

"His master said to him, 'Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.' " - Matthew 25:23 ESV

"I have given them your word, and the world has hated them because they are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. I do not ask that you take them out of the world, but that you keep them from the evil one. They are not of the world, just as I am not of the world. Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth." - John 17:14-17 ESV

Hope grows in us. A calling is made known over time. Small investments turn into large futures. I want to be mindful of the small investment of eternal truth.

The Gospel is a lifeline that you can throw out to person in need and it will preserve them. It does not weigh them down. It keeps them afloat.

Words from God keep us from evil. In our life we will have trouble and great joy and the Word sanctifies us right there in the situation. Stewardship of truth gives us a strong core to function from. A stable center which strengthens the rest of our life.

God, I want to notice someone no one notices today. I want a word from you for that person. I want to go where no one goes. I want to speak by faith even if it seems small. I want to see the unseen and be blind to the obvious and mundane. Your words are valuable show me how and where to invest them.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." - John 3:16 KJV

This sentence is a seed and I want to sow it far and wide. Wherever this seed takes root and is established life springs forth from death.

--



















No comments:

Post a Comment