Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Convictions From Eternal Viewpoint

Our convictions originate from outside of time. We make decisions to think with God about all the relationships in our life from His perspective.

"Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world." - John 17:24 KJV

"According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:" - Ephesians 1:4 KJV

Decisions were made before the foundation of the world. Redemption was planned out before a man walked the Earth.

"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:" - Philippians 2:5 KJV

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned." - Romans 12:2-3 ESV

Grace has been given to shape our thinking. It was not given to puff us up or bring us down it was given to take us out of our thinking and into God's thinking.

Faith founded on what has always been will be backed by a kingdom that has always been.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.' " - John 14:6-7 ESV

The doorway is a narrow one. One man. One thought life. We have been given a broad stewardship. All the minutes of this day have been given as gifts. We reign in life as we think with God. We live in victory not by changing our ways but by receiving eternal thinking and having convictions based on what we see our Father doing.

God tells us we are Sons. We have been given power to be His children. Let's take on our new identity and wear the white robe of a child in God's family. Grace will shape our doing in ways our effort never could. Like water washes the body the Bible washes our thinking and builds us.

Knowing who we are is the foundation of knowing what to do next.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment