Wednesday, August 21, 2013

People That Never Fade Away

"For thus says the LORD, who created the heavens (he is God!), who formed the earth and made it (he established it; he did not create it empty, he formed it to be inhabited!): 'I am the LORD, and there is no other. I did not speak in secret, in a land of darkness; I did not say to the offspring of Jacob, 'Seek me in vain.' I the LORD speak the truth; I declare what is right. 'Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, you survivors of the nations! They have no knowledge who carry about their wooden idols, and keep on praying to a god that cannot save. Declare and present your case; let them take counsel together! Who told this long ago? Who declared it of old? Was it not I, the LORD? And there is no other god besides me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none besides me. 'Turn to me and be saved, all the ends of the earth! For I am God, and there is no other.' " Isaiah 45:18-22 ESV

What a picture. As nations crumble there are people in them that never crumble. Wooden ideologies will march into obscurity in mass and fade from view and memory but there are souls that will never die and fade. No one who seeks God seeks Him in vain.

"And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation" Revelation 5:9 KJV

Isaiah is written from the perspective of God addressing a world and telling them what was and what will be. In the Book of Revelation it has all happened already. The remnant of nations is together singing on the stage of eternity. The song is one of thankfulness. It is a song composed for the Messiah who shed His blood and loved them each individually pulling them out of darkness and into eternal glory.

"By myself I have sworn; from my mouth has gone out in righteousness a word that shall not return: 'To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear allegiance.' 'Only in the LORD, it shall be said of me, are righteousness and strength; to him shall come and be ashamed all who were incensed against him. In the LORD all the offspring of Israel shall be justified and shall glory.' " Isaiah 45:23-25 ESV

The sun will set on laws and rules. One day prisons, bars and hospitals will shut their doors forever. The structures will fade and only people will remain. Every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that right standing was only found in one place and one person.

Jesus is that person.

"And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12 ESV

We have only ever seen life out of one pair of eyes. We have only heard words through one set of ears. It should not seem strange that history would have it's hinges set on one person. That person is not us. It is Christ.

"At that time Jesus declared, 'I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.' " Matthew 11:25-30 ESV

It is the Father's gracious will that no one who Comes to Christ ever comes to Him 'in vain.' If we come on our deathbed or right now this morning... if we come once and exchange a few words or a ten thousand times in a lifetime. Each interaction is golden and remembered.

Thank you for this one open door God! Thank you Jesus for being our way, our truth and our life.

1 comment:

  1. The picture in my mind this morning is of a world filled with gray interactions and black and white lives. Then one by one as each person interacts with God their lives glow golden. Then when time turns those all that is gray to dust those golden people remain.

    The people are from everywhere. Good ones and bad ones. Every culture and time period is represented. Each one is unique. What sets them apart is not what they are like or where they come from or what they do or don't do.

    It is who they know.

    ReplyDelete