Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Evaporate the Old and Distill the New

Thoughts that pass through evaporation, Heavenly condensation and distillation do what they were sent to do.

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:8-11 ESV

Water is a solvent and picks up impurities easily along the way. Evaporation removes the impurities and leaves them behind. Then up, up it goes in the air until the conditions are right and the vapor condenses and is heavier than the air around it and down it comes to wash and water the world.

God's thoughts are holy and pure like distilled water. Evaporation is the ultimate filter because water temporarily changes form and that form is not a liquid or a solid.

It makes me think of the the Crucifixion, Burial, Resurrection and Session (seated with Christ) cycle. The cross evaporates our person. We survive the process in a different form. Instead of being a liquid human being we are a vapor human being with different properties.

That vapor floats in the Heavens. That vapor can be sent by God to where He wants it.

There is a cycle that keeps our thinking clean where the cross is dealing with the old and there is renewed newness.

My thinking is like a swamp or an iceberg. I want to live in the light of God countenance where there is release in love to join Him in the Heaven's and be sent back down to Earth as He pleases.

No comments:

Post a Comment