Friday, July 12, 2013

Treasures in Darkness

"Then spake Solomon, The LORD said that he would dwell in the thick darkness. I have surely built thee an house to dwell in, a settled place for thee to abide in for ever." 1 Kings 8:12-13 KJV

That little phrase 'thick darkness' stopped me this morning. It speaks of a darkness that is full not empty. Like the darkness that you might have in a thick fog. Something full but unknown because it is unseen.

"And it came between the camp of the Egyptians and the camp of Israel; and it was a cloud and darkness to them, but it gave light by night to these: so that the one came not near the other all the night." Exodus 14:20 KJV

"The wise man's eyes are in his head; but the fool walketh in darkness: and I myself perceived also that one event happeneth to them all." Ecclesiastes 2:14 KJV

One group sees because of positioning of the light. The other is blinded. It is the same event that happens to both parties.

"He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail." 1 Samuel 2:9 KJV

Obscurity can not be overpowered. If there is a cliff in the darkness you can send one man in or one hundred and it will not matter. The wicked are silent because they are listening and hoping one of their other senses will provide insight into the situation.

God brings light on the inside that brightens my outside in degrees. The Word becomes a lamp in my hand and a light in my mind. The Trinity has made a home in us that the Son has made possible. In that home there is a warm cheerful fire in the fire place even on the dark fog filled nights.

"with the purified you deal purely, and with the crooked you make yourself seem tortuous. You save a humble people, but your eyes are on the haughty to bring them down. For you are my lamp, O LORD, and my God lightens my darkness." 2 Samuel 22:27-29 ESV

"And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel." Isaiah 45:3 KJV

God can and does live in obscurity because of the separation mankind suffered in. He sees but we did not see Him. We don't have to live there anymore.

"I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness." John 12:46 KJV

"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me." Micah 7:8 KJV

Even when we do there for seasons either on purpose or because the circumstances seem to put us there... God will find us again.

"As a shepherd seeketh out his flock in the day that he is among his sheep that are scattered; so will I seek out my sheep, and will deliver them out of all places where they have been scattered in the cloudy and dark day." Ezekiel 34:12 KJV




No comments:

Post a Comment