Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Bask in Love and Rest in Love

"I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20 ESV

"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love." Galatians 5:6 ESV

We live by faith in the Son of God. The faith that is in us because He indwells us. It is faith powered by love and not proven by action. Action avails nothing. Christ is everything and His action was what availed something.

It is Jesus. It is all about Him. Everything was and is about Him. Not us... Him. Not them but Him.

He is where it starts and He is were it ends. That is the pure place to live. From there love can move us. Move us it will... but it will never move us away from this starting point.

"Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love." Revelation 2:4 KJV

"We love him, because he first loved us." 1 John 4:19 KJV

In God's love and the Son's faith we are centered and can hear. Maybe this morning we do nothing else but listen in rest at His feet. That is enough.

If I do anything else it is because I moved to do it by Him. Right now I want to just bask in the love without a care. It's like siting in a bath or resting in a hammock... for those moments there is nothing else and should be nothing else.

My rest is a person. He is my rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment