Monday, July 29, 2013

I Was Brutish

"Like a dream when one awakes, O Lord, when you rouse yourself, you despise them as phantoms. When my soul was embittered, when I was pricked in heart, I was brutish and ignorant; I was like a beast toward you. Nevertheless, I am continually with you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:20-26 ESV

God is truly our friend.

When we act rudely and we are insensitive God never says, 'They are not worth it.'  He does not shun us.

Have you every woken from the dream of your emotional state and wondered at the strange conclusions you came to during that time. The things you did and said are like a strange did them and said them. Anger can prompt responses that cause regret later. We say words that we can't take back.

God also says words that can't be taken back. He has no regret about any of them. God's counsel becomes our guide even when we go away from Him and sulk. God's Word's still shine somewhere in our minds walking patiently for our own fire to dim enough for them to be seen and heard in quiet.

Our strength is not in our perfect behavior. It never was. It is in God's loving commitment to us.

"For he has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you.' So we can confidently say, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?' " - Hebrews 13:5a-6 ESV

No comments:

Post a Comment