Tuesday, April 23, 2013

More Than Conquerors


"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." Romans 8:37 ESV

Negate any despairing thought! Our victory is not based on ourselves. The one with the keys to death and Hell loves us.

"For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39 ESV

If this King conquered death... what can stand in His way? He already took the hit for our sins. He willingly stepped in-between us and certain judgement. It did not change Him. His heroic love is unchanging.

We don't look at Jesus and say, 'I can win because He won. What I great example He is. I will do what He did.' Negate that thought! It is as wrong as, 'Look at what a loser I am because of what I have done.'

We can say, 'I have won because of His victory!'

Believers are winners because they abide in the conquest of another.



No comments:

Post a Comment