Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Secret of Faith Rest

Last night's study was one of those times where even late at night when I needed to sleep I didn't want to go to bed because what I heard was so important that it needed to be 'set' into my thought processes. Even now that I am awake again it shines in my mind and I am so glad I haven't somehow lost the truth. Instead it is incorporated into my line upon line of thinking.

I am very thankful. Faith rest is a kind of secret. It is how we can live when we are abased and also when we abound. Our conscience remains 'undefiled' as we rest in Him.

"Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God." Rom 5:1-2

Faith rest lies outside of sight but inside of truth. It is blind to the heat but sees the good. By this confident assurance in what Christ has done we have access to the grace we are standing in.

"Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen. This command I entrust to you, Timothy, my son, in accordance with the prophecies previously made concerning you, that by them you fight the good fight, keeping faith and a good conscience, which some have rejected and suffered shipwreck in regard to their faith." 1 Tim 1:17-19

"Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief." Heb 4:11

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us" Heb 12:1

Our labour, our fight and our race is to enter into faith rest and then stay there. The challenge is often to find that rest and to stay in that place of rest. To not be distracted and brought back down to a place of low thinking and old lines.

"The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake." Ps 23:1-3

The finished work is our frame of reference for this kind of rest. Christ Himself is our peace and wisdom. He is our strong tower and in Him we find rest. He is our hiding place. He is our Sabbath. He is our Shalom.

He is like the eye of the storm. There a calm in that place that can be described but must be experienced to be understood.

Thank you P Tom Sliva for that message last night. We were all privileged people to be there and hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment