Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Neither Height Nor Depth

"For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Rom 8:39

The word height here is the same word used here for 'high thing':

"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ" 2 Cor 10:5

The word for depth is the same word used here:

"But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden." Rev 2:24

Our mind reaches for the heights and our soul cleaves to the dust. Both would by themselves leave us separated from God's love. Neither have the power to do that now.

"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds" 2 Cor 10:3-4

My intellectual property may be a stronghold or perhaps it is the dusty trails my soul is prone to wander on it's own. Habits devoid of faith or thoughts devoid of life need not stand. Faith is a path we have not traveled before. Wisdom from above is fresh and new and when given is not up for my private interpretation.

Jericho will fall when God breaths on us. We have been made clean by the word that has been spoken to us.

I do not look to the stars for direction. I have traded all of my riches in for one pearl of great price. Jesus is my north star and by Him I will navigate. Let His book reveal to me my identity an not the dust of my genetics. In a moment all that I am will be inflamed in glory. Until then I will wrestle down anything that comes against what God has said.

Let God be true and every man a liar. If He says 'It is Finished' then it is. If He says I am a new creature and old things have passed away then they have. Do I have a commission? I do.

Am I loved? I am and so is every other person in the world. I am sealed in a way that no air separates me from God. That is how I will live today as one launching out in faith not as one bound to the ground or with my head in the clouds.

No comments:

Post a Comment