Thursday, December 30, 2021

Jesus Will Give You Oil

I trust a person who left the planet over 2,000 years ago and hasn't returned. Younger me would have thought that was crazy. That young guy didn't trust many people to begin with but to trust someone who had disappeared was just out of the question.

Trusting Jesus isn't just part of my life now it is a BIG part of my life. It is what often restores me. I don't trust Him to do what only someone who is here to do. Those things must be done by us but I trust Him to supply me and others what they need like someone who can send me peace, power and provision wherever I am because He knows me and is there at the source of all blessing.

I trust that He will give me oil for my lamp if I ask and that I can send others to Him to get the oil they need.

'Go get oil from the One who left 2,000 years ago.' ...I know it sounds far fetched but Jesus sent His Spirit (The Holy Spirit) to indwell us and bridge the divide. John 16:24 ESV — Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.

"But at midnight there was a cry, 'Here is the bridegroom! Come out to meet him.' Then all those virgins rose and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.' But the wise answered, saying, 'Since there will not be enough for us and for you, go rather to the dealers and buy for yourselves.' And while they were going to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was shut." - Matthew 25:6-10 ESV

I can't give you my oil and you can't give me your oil but we can get oil today and plan to have it as needed. Where do you get it? Your Bible... by talking to God and asking Him.

"And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit," - Ephesians 5:18 ESV

Instead of looking for a way out with pleasure we give God a way in with worship and true biblical confessions... be in the word so you can speak the word to yourself and others.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment