Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Divine Possibilities

Today I was thinking about being a person who 'knows what is possible'. Some folks have unrealistic expectations based on fiction or an idea in their mind that just doesn't match up with reality but then there are others that aim too low because they just don't see a path that leads to the result they want. There is a third category... the person with 'know how'. They have experience of some kind that helps them spot the possibilities.

I went out and got a sandwich at lunch and started talking to an older man who ordered before me. It turns out we were both from NYC and he is a Jewish person who accepted Christ at 30 years old. He is now 75 and just had a hip replacement. We began to talk about the Bible.

Another man broke into our conversation who was kind of mocking what we said. He had been a Catholic most of his life but was now an atheist. A truth seeker but discounting everything but what his senses could tell him.

There were three of us talking but only two of us saw what was spiritually possible for that third man. At one point the older believer said to me, 'Don't bother with him. He has a mocking spirit. It isn't His time.' he then said to the man, 'You are angry at God because of something someone in your family did. You need to get over that.' The atheist man reacted. It was an interesting exchange.

At one point I said, 'You are interested in the truth but I know for a fact that the truth is interested in you.'

I had to leave but I fist bumped the atheist man after getting his name and he gave me a warm grin. Then I did the same with that older believer. Walking away knowing something great was possible for both of those men. One I knew I'd see again. The other one I hoped I'd see again.

A person who is actively believing God 'brings' Him into things. He is there already of course but the believer has had experience with the miraculous and they see it as possible anytime and anywhere. In every illness there is the possibility of health. Every loose end can end up with a redemptive conclusion. Every rift can be mended and replaced by a stronger bond.

"But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible." - Matthew 19:26 KJV

"Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth." - Mark 9:23 KJV

The year isn't over yet... there are still amazing things that can happen as we bring God with us into situations.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment