Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Ask And Ye Shall Receive

Perhaps we have all heard the phrase...

'There are no stupid questions.'

That may be true in some settings, like a classroom, but that isn't true in life. Asking a 'good' question may become the start of a long friendship. It can make the difference that gets you the job at an interview. I think it is a key ingredient in giving the Gospel to people.

Do you know how to ask a 'good' question? I mean a question that has care and empathy... one that shows a person you are listening to them and truly see them.

Jesus asked great questions.

"so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it." - Isaiah 55:11 ESV

I do believe this is true.

If you machine gun scripture at people God may just use that scripture in spite of you but we are called to make disciples. Disciples ask questions and appreciate good questions. Friends do also.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment