Monday, October 9, 2017

Gender Battles

Men and women have such different battles.

Women need to feel loved, covered and protected. If they sense this covering they will blossom and their creativity and beauty will shine. If they sense a lack of it... they may be covered but if they sense, or feel, they are not covered or loved they are in distress.

Men miss read the signals. Men want something else.

Men need honor, respect and affirmation. If they sense they have this... not so much by feeling because they are not in touch with their feelings in the same way as women are... but sense it by evidence that they can process. They may be respected but think they are not being respected or are not worthy of respect... they are in distress.

I see examples of these differences all through the scriptures. These principles are evident in the Genesis 31 account or Jacob, Laban and Rachel. Jacob was leaving and was led by God to do so, in part because his purpose could never be fulfilled connected that closely to Laban's house. Rachel took Laban's idols because she wanted the covering on her father's house to go with her and her new family. The idols hindered her. Idols do that but she did it out of genuine need.

God really is the one who meets our unique needs. He meets the needs of the woman and he meets the deepest needs of the man. People disqualify but God qualifies by grace. We get respect and honor in Christ. We get love and covering in Christ. Then as we receive it by grace we become representations of what we have received. Without Jesus we accept a counterfeit version of what makes us feel whole or we try to manufacture what is missing ourselves and produce a self-reliant fiction to endure living without the things that would make us whole.

I see it in music. I see it in the Bible and I see it in life everywhere.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.' " - John 14:6-7 ESV

I told people on a street corner this weekend, 'I am not afraid of what is happening in the world today because I have gone to God's throne and He has washed away my fear and filled me with love. I don't know what I will feel a few days from now but right now that is the truth.' and yet I know that if I lose my focus on Christ. If I am 'turned aside' those needs in my soul will become driving forces again. Our soul gets hungry just like our body does. It hungers for love, respect, honor, covering, kindness and all the things that God sent His Son to Earth to give us.

Men. The women in your life have different needs but they get those needs met from the same person that you get yours met. Be a man and go to God and receive grace.

Women. I'm not going to tell you what to do. That isn't what you need from me. I will just point you to Christ and tell you He loves you and has you covered and then be a grown brother and friend in any way I can be so that you will sense you have what you need to blossom.

Thank you, Jesus, for being the doorway to the Father for us. His house has all that we will ever need. We are loved just as we are. We are valued. We have divine purpose and we have the ability to fulfil our purpose. We worship there. There is no sighing there only joy. Thank You. Thank You Thank You.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment