Monday, August 8, 2016

The God Of Endurance And Encouragement

Let's not underestimate the power of encouragement. The right words at the right time mean so much when they are personal and wise.

I think if God appeared to us this morning and spoke to us like we speak to each other He would encourage us and build us up.

"May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ." - Romans 15:5-6 ESV

"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11 ESV

If you started something with the intention of glorifying God then please don't quit. If you love some wholesome thing then don't stop. Don't let years go by and then say later, 'Why did I stop?' don't live with regrets that you didn't do what was set before you to do.

"Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart." - Psalm 37:4 ESV

It is my conviction that when we delight in God He puts desires in our heart and then gives those things to us... but none of these things happen in a vacuum. God uses people in His process.

I have a goal this week.

I am going to look for ways to encourage people. I am going to pray that God would open my eyes to who needs a word of encouragement and how to say it creatively so it will be received. My goal is to do that to as many people as possible. I want to use all the tools in my tool belt. Humor, wisdom, inquisitiveness, simplicity... whatever it takes.

I'm also going to keep putting one step in front of the other in the things I love. How can I tell others not to quit if I have quit on what I love?

"...And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age." - Matthew 28:20b ESV

God is with us. He isn't leaving. He is for us.

Even if it is just one little thing scheduled everyday.

Don't quit.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment