Monday, August 29, 2016

Anticipation For Autumn

"Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. The wild beasts will honor me, the jackals and the ostriches, for I give water in the wilderness, rivers in the desert, to give drink to my chosen people, the people whom I formed for myself that they might declare my praise.
'Yet you did not call upon me, O Jacob; but you have been weary of me, O Israel!' " - Isaiah 43:19-22 ESV

This morning I am claiming this promise for the autumn season. A stream of newness that cuts through the wilderness and affects those who are wild and causes them to begin to praise God.

I took a drive by myself yesterday and had a good conversation with God. I talked very candidly to Him about how I felt and what I was thinking. I asked Him questions and voiced my joys and my frustrations. I asked for help and acknowledged His plan was a good plan.

Then I began to think about newness. I remembered how I felt when I was young and a movie I was looking forward to was coming out. I remembered the excitement and anticipation I felt after getting a phone call about a car I really wanted and finding out that it would soon be mine.

"Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?" - Isaiah 43:19a ESV

God has newness planned but do we see it? I think it is very possible that we don't see it. There are many reasons for that but God says in verse 22 that Israel got weary of God and stopped asking.

So in the solitude of my car I started asking God for newness.

I believe God gives us what we need and not always what we want. I also believe that there are moments when we can ask and He will answer. We mix faith and a promise from the Bible provides the structure for something to form. Our future can be like rock candy forming on a string.

God knows the future but our lives are not set in stone. I want to live in anticipation for the next season and there are times when we must stir up our hearts in love and faith. We lay it all out before God and actively trust Him.

Let's believe together. I don't know how your spring or summer has gone. Perhaps it was better than you expected and perhaps not but God is doing a new thing this fall but it is going to happen out in the wilderness. If we stay close to home we might not see it. We must venture out by faith to see what God is doing. Our prayers can bring us to the wilderness places. Our feet can move out of our comfort zone.

Oh God. We want to see this new thing you are doing. Plug us in. We are seeking you with an expectation. Let nothing hinder us. Thank You God.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment