Friday, June 17, 2016

Angels See The Face Of The Father

"See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in heaven." - Matthew 18:10 ESV

"You shall not murder." - Exodus 20:13 ESV

Life is so precious.

In recent days we have heard the phrase 'largest mass shooting in american history' far to often. Not only is it an incorrect statement because recent American history has not reflected the brutality of years past. But it misses the point. Each life is precious. God the Father has angels assigned who report to Him personally. Those angels see His facial expressions which is a concept beyond our mortal comprehension.

God once said to Moses...

" 'But,' he said, 'you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.' And the LORD said, 'Behold, there is a place by me where you shall stand on the rock, and while my glory passes by I will put you in a cleft of the rock, and I will cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will take away my hand, and you shall see my back, but my face shall not be seen.' " - Exodus 33:20-23 ESV

I can't imagine the look on God's face when one person kills another. There are so many methods of doing it. Eve grieved her son Abel powerfully I'm sure. She ate of a fruit and her child ended up dead. He was only the first to die.

"The LORD said to Cain, 'Why are you angry, and why has your face fallen? If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must rule over it.' " - Genesis 4:6-7 ESV

That phrase 'sin is crouching at the door' has a dual meaning. Our desire to lash out and it also speaks of the lamb that was offered up to God as an offering. Abel offered up an animal to God and Cain had that option also. He chose murder instead.

Jesus is our lamb crouching at the door. We must not kill each other. There has been another sacrifice that has already been made. Let's tell the world about Him. He is the answer for the murder in our hearts. He Is the One that brings delight to the face of the Father on the throne.

We grieve those who are lost. It is tragic.

The lamb crouches outside the door today. There is another option. Thank God He has made a provision for us.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment