Saturday, January 23, 2016

The Thief

"I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly." - John 10:9-10 ESV

What does the thief come to do? Steal, kill and destroy. That is an interesting order isn't it? Naturally speaking we might think killing would be last in order of magnitude but it isn't.

A thief must cover their tracks and they use destruction to do that. They must destroy a reputation. They must start a fire to remove any traces of incriminating evidence.

Jesus came to give, impart life and build something in you and around you. He isn't a thief. He never was and never will be.

The thief wants to take Jesus away from people. He wants to destroy God's reputation by lies and diversions so that he can hide and operate in secret. The thief cares nothing for people and if they get hurt in the process he doesn't care.

I don't want Jesus to be stolen from you. I need to see Him and sometimes He becomes obscured in my life. In those times I look for Him until He finds me.

If you look for Jesus He will find you. It doesn't matter how far away you think you are. He wants to give you life.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment