Sunday, January 10, 2016

God Is For You

God is for you this morning.

"Therefore the LORD waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the LORD is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him." - Isaiah 30:18 ESV

"For Your lovingkindness is before my eyes, And I have walked in Your truth." - Psalm 26:3 NKJV

"How precious is your steadfast love, O God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings." - Psalm 36:7 ESV

I'm picturing myself going to the DMV. It is a long tedious wait and the people there don't know me and they are a bit cold and self oriented. People are seen as numbers and inconveniences. But then you meet one warm happy person. They find out your name and they are kind to you and exude life in the midst of the dull exercise.

God is like that. He is kind. Once He meets us He remembers our name. He finds out what our favorite sandwich is. He champions the cause of our well being. He adopts us into His family and dusts us off when we fall down with humor and love.

"All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." - Matthew 11:27-30 ESV

Yes. God cares. The moment Jesus says, 'Father this is my friend.' We are welcomed into the family with open arms and never forgotten.

Perhaps you don't know God and think maybe He doesn't know you either. Call out to Jesus. He will make the introduction and you will find a forever friend in the maker of all things.

--

No comments:

Post a Comment